Saturday, August 26, 2006

To Angkor or not angkor ?

I spent my july month in Angkor. I imagined a romantic temple lost in a jungle. Reality was diferent...
After 15 hours of bus from bangkok i arrived in Siem Reap. The crowd of tuktuk drivers was here to remind me that i definitely belong to the world of international tourists. After the nightmare of extremely poor farmer villages, luxury hotels and all the pride.

I was surprised to see that nobody was speaking french. Polpot killed almost all the intellectiuals who were french speakers, suspected to belong to the counter -revolutionary bourgeoisie. But the english spoken is quite good - not like mine..



I really had a hard time avoiding the tourists and taking pictures of the ruins. I had to wait 15 or 20 minutes in order to get this sliced one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home